Is It Me or the Drugs?

Hi, I am having trouble waking up in the morning and am VERY fatigued to the point where I am falling asleep while driving! I am wondering if anyone else has this trouble and would it be the drugs that I take or the Chiari? It feels like I have no control over my eyes and can't keep them straight and my eyes close momentarily. I take a high blood pressure med 50 mg, Celexa for depression 20 mg, Cymbalta for headaches 60 mg, Neurontin for tingling 300 mg, and Oxycodone (Percocet) 10 mg for pain. I take all my meds at night, at least 10 hours before I wake up. It takes me until about 1 or 2 pm until I feel that I am really awake. Coffee or caffiene doesn't seem to make any difference or help wake me up.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it my brain or the drugs that is making me so tired? Some days are better and some are pretty bad. Please let me know what you think! Thanks, Terri in MN

It happened again today and I was half way into the next lane before I came around. That scared me! I was so shook up I drove to the wrong school to pick up my kid. I am going to stop the Neurontin and see if that helps any. I feel like I am almost passing out and then coming to. I was just at the doctor on Monday and my blood pressure was 117/72. I beleive that is in the normal range. Well, I guess it's back to the doctor for me!

I was going to say exactly what you just stated, maybe it’s the neurontin? I am unable to take it bc it used to make me nod off all the time. So sorry to hear you are having this problem, I bet it’s scary! Let us know if stopping the neurontin helps!!

I only take Tramadol for low back pain from a car accident. When I take it I am good and awake. It actually amps me up a little, but for some reason, if I drive I fall asleep, with or without taking my medication. I just did sleep study to rule out apnea but won't have results until late next week. I would like to know if others are having "dozing fits" regardless of medication.

I was trialing Neurontin, and was on 300 mg. for just a few days, then about 600 for a couple. My fatigue was worse than before my decompression surgery. I went off of it right away and now feel fine. It was NOT a good med for me. Please let us know how you are doing off of it.

Have you had a sleep study to rule in or out sleep apnea? It seems to go hand in hand with chiari, and could be contributing, although it could just be the meds, but I am just curious if you have had a sleep study.