Intermittent symptoms and reflux

I hope I am not posting too many threads, but my head swirls with questions from all you experts! I think I said that I haven't been officially diagnosed by a NS, but my primary said I fit all the criteria.

I have my first appt with a NS (Dr. Oro's office) on Thursday, so we will see.

My questions:

1. Can chiari symptoms be intermittent? I can have a good day with minor fatigue and no headache and not even stumble around. Then I have a day where I can't sleep enough, the lower back of my head is in excruciating pain, I trip all over, and can't even finish a sentence without forgetting what I was saying to begin with. Is that "normal" with chiari, or am I making all this up in my head?

2. Do any of you experience reflux? I have been dx with "GERD", although I have my doubts, per se. I have not felt anything come up, but I will have random, intolerable burning in my throat whether I am sleeping, eating, hungry, or shopping at Wal-Mart. I take the max dose of omeprezole and carry Gavisgon with me everywhere I go. It makes no sense because there is absolutely no consistency or rhyme or reason with when the pain hits.

As always, thank you so much for your responses!

Kelly

There are alot of brain-gut issues with chiari. And intermittent ICP also. You sound alot like my kids did, they had food intolerances. Maybe try an elimination diet to see what bothers you. This is a long process tho, we found some foods took days before a reaction. Diet can cause alot of problems as inflammatory foods can cause the brain to swell and there's no room for this with chiari. I would at the very least cut out all processed foods, grains & glutens, and dairy and see if it helps.

Kelly,

Good luck with your appointment. I'm sure you know this but your going to one of the best.Let us know how you make out. I don't have reflux but if I do too much activity I will get dizzy and throw up and I gag a lot on food and while brushing my teeth.

Wendy