I give up..I am going to the ER

I have always had a pretty high tolerance for pain, but I am done fighting this pain in my face and head. I called neuro and of course can not get a human being on the phone. I left a message but they have 48 hours to call you back, which they have NEVER called back for they had to. I called my PCP, she won't treat it due to all my meds from my NL. So, I give up! I have only been to the ER once in my adult life. I am just going to go and see what they can do...if anything. The only good thing about it is my NL and NS are both at the hospital that I am going to. I went to the ER in March of 11, due to facial pain and that is what started the ball rolling on the Chiari dx. My face hurts so bad. The left front, side and back of my head feel tight and theres a lot of pressure behind my left eye. It stings to have it open. I am sweating just with little movement and my left side feels cold and I have the crawling sensation. I am finding it difficult to breath right. Noot sure if that is anxiety or the CHiari. I have no stinkin idea what is going on but I want something for the pain. I don't care what it is as long as I can get some relief! Phew! Ok, I am done. I will update this after I get home. Thanks for listening/reading :)

Nicole, I hope you get some relief. I have went to the ER once. Like you, I have a pretty good tolerance. I just suffer with my pain meds and try to sleep - sometimes taking an Amitriptyline helps to allow me to sleep.

I hope you get some help controlling the pain today. Good Luck!

Nicole,

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I just had a few days of all the nerves in my face and neck feeling like they were on fire and throbbing. I couldn't think straight sleep or eat. It was hell and not as bad as what you are going through. I am praying for you and hoping they can calm down some of the nerves and give you some relief. Please let us know how you made out.

Wendy

I am sorry you are hurting so bad Nicole. Please let us know how the ER went. Have you discussed MicroVascular Decompression for your Trigeminal Neuralgia? Mine was a total success. I had my CM surgeries after my 6 , well really 8 months check up.

Amitriptylene is a older medication but, it helps me so much. I couldn't function without it. It even helps control my migraines.

Lori D said:

Nicole, I hope you get some relief. I have went to the ER once. Like you, I have a pretty good tolerance. I just suffer with my pain meds and try to sleep - sometimes taking an Amitriptyline helps to allow me to sleep.

I hope you get some help controlling the pain today. Good Luck!

Today was a total waste of time! I was there for almost 8 hrs with nothing to eat and one cup of water. They didn't contact my NL or NS. They wanted an MRI, but they couldn't get me in until after 9 or 10 pm. I signed myself out against doctor's advice. I told them if there was big problem that I would def be back. They sent me home with pain meds. I just wanted a little relief. Not sure they will actually help, but at this oint the ED just made me feel worse. The doc said he was concerned about the pressure because my eyes were a little dilated. Can that be from being on more antidepressants though?

Tracy,

Ugh! We have talked about it and my NL wanted me to try the upped amount of amnitriptaline first. I am done though, they just need to schedule it and get it over with. I am tired of fighting. I hate these doctors and this hospital. Thanks for the support!

TracyZ said:

I am sorry you are hurting so bad Nicole. Please let us know how the ER went. Have you discussed MicroVascular Decompression for your Trigeminal Neuralgia? Mine was a total success. I had my CM surgeries after my 6 , well really 8 months check up.