Having headaches, but having more issue with the other stuff

I was diagnosed with chiari in late february and while the headaches that I am getting are managable right now I am having more issues with all the other stuff. The nausea, dizziness, pill headed feeling, etc etc. Is anyone else having this too and how are you dealing with it. I have noticed that when I take products like powerbars and energy bars or drinks that have extra vitamins I feel better.

I have had headaches for so long I am good at ignoring them. The issues bothering me the most are similar to yours. I don’t know how common that is but for me the last straw was the dizzy and memory problems. I wish I could tell you how to deal with it but I haven’t found anything either. I am hoping surgery will help! Hang in there your not alone.

The other issues you mentioned were some of my main symptoms. My headaches were managable but living in a brain fog with vertigo and extreme exhaustion wasn’t. I do have both a vitamin D and B12 deficiencies. I can say I had surgery last Sept and it helped with almost all my symptoms. I get some headaches but I have meds that help.
Hang in there! Hope you find something that helps.

Diana

I am not sure that surgery at this point is worth it... it isn't 100% that it works for a extensive period of time and if I can find a more natural way of dealing with it I would rather go down that road first. If taking extra vitamin d, B12 and magnesium helps I would rather drink or eat something that go through surgery again. They found this when I had a follow up MRI from brain surgery when I had a tumor, so I know what kind of road I would have ahead of me and right now the symptoms don't warrant any type of surgery.

Klonopin, .5mg 3 times a day, is what I am taking to help with the dizziness and tremors or shaking I have. It helps a little with my balance issue as well. I do also take a Super B vitamin once a day to help with the fatigue. I just started that and have not seen any change but I need to give it some time. I am also snacking on these NaturoBars my husband got from his weight loss doctor and they help a little with the overall yucky feeling. They have MEG-3, Omega-3 & fish gelatin. The bar is a dark chocolate bar which tastes GREAT!!! I also take Melatonin, 6mg, at night becuase I feel better the next day if I start out better rested. Hope this helps. I know what you are going through, I am right there with you. Stay strong!

You may want to look into the Paleo diet also as a natural way to manage your symptoms.

Diana

Im with you guys... have a consult with another neuro who specializes in chiari surgeries... been taking Boost and powerbars/cliffbars everyday and they seem to help (for extra "b"s and magnesium; along with extra glass of milk at dinner. All the ones taking extra B vitamins - thanks and thanks for all other advise - worth a shot if it doesn't include surgery.