Had my first MRI

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to both this group and Chiari, well the idea of it. I have been surring the heaches and odd syptoms for about 10 yrs and no one could figure them out or offer me anything that helped at all. A few months ago my symptoms took a major turn for the worse, adding regular migraines, major balance and vertigo issues. This caused me to go looking for a why again and is how I happened on the only thing that could explain everything from the headaches and numbness to the ear pain and pressure...Chiari. I saw the neurologist for the first time about 2 weeks ago and brought it up, he looked at me like I was one of "those people" you know the ones who look through the net and suddenly get what they read about. He put me on Effexor (doesn't work and makes me sleepy) then scheduled the MRI and EEG and follow up and told me that the NS wouldn't even concider decompression unless it is 9mm anyway and I should relax. He made me feel crazy with his smug face. I had the MRI on Sat and while I haven't gotten the official report I did get the disk. I then brought it home and looked at it. From everything I have seen it seems that I was right and it is kind of large. I have my appointment with him again tomorrow, and I am not sure if he will have the report in time. My questions are should I bring my disk with me and am I right about the image? Thank you in advance <3 ~Amy

I'm sorry but I had to delete your images as they had personal information on them including your name that you would NOT want the entire world to have access too. Feel free to repost them if you edit it out (you can paste them into "PAINT" to do that. Its hard to draw a conclusion from a single image and the posture you were in. For sure take your disc just in case. He will have a report and access to the study. The MRI is only a small portion of the DX however. It takes a lot longer for effexor to work than 2 weeks. ALL neurologist are a bit wierd so don't let it get to you.

Hi Littlebittie, how did your appointment go?