Followup Appointment Today

I’m waiting to get a Cine MRI and I will be seeing my NS afterwards. Can’t wait to see what the MRI look like compared to my MRI before my surgery.

My surgery was March 25th, so it’s been a month – let’s see what my NS have to say today …

Please let us know what he says. Good Luck !!!

Good Point Beeba....I also wish the same thing and would like an across the Medical Industry professional definition of Structurally Fine and Cured. Because Chiari cannot be cured. If I am wishing I just wish Dr's understood and we didn't have to struggle so hard. Structurally I am very secure, but I live feeling like my head is bolted on my spine. When In tell my Dr's this they agree but don't have a clue as to what it feels like.

Sorry Teja....just went off on a tangent.

Hi Beeba and Tracy,

My appointment on Thursday went better than I expected. My syrnix has decreased in size considerably - it went from 3.1 cm to .29 cm and I had some swollen at the bottom of the synrix that has now disappeared. I pray that in time the syrnix will disappear altogether.

I told my NS that I still have all my symptoms prior to surgery (numbness in right foot; numbness in both hands especially when sleeping, right shoulder pain, neck and back). He did say if the numbness in my right foot does not go away in time its more than likely irreversible -- nerve damage before the surgery. If that's the case; I just have to live with it.. I'm not sure what else can be done.

I also discussed the new symptoms (headaches, nausea, feeling like I'm going to vomit, dizziness, equilibrium seems off, eyes ache --sensitive to bright light, taste bugs seem off). He seem to be unsure about why I was having these symptoms especially vomit and eye ache. I thought that was strange. I am to contact him in two weeks by email and let him know if any of these symptoms have gone away. I am not sure where he will recommend at that point

He wants to see me in 3 or 6 months (it's a shame, but I can't seem to remember; will check this week) in which I will get another MRI and see him in the office.

Tracy, how long has it been since you had surgery? What type of symptoms are you still having?

Beeba, since you are not seeing the NS anymore, will you be following up with a neurologist? I know if my Syrnix does not disappear completely I will want to see a Neurologist yearly to get an MRI and make sure the Syrnix does not grow any larger.