Extreme weakness

Hi all!

Just curious, do any or of you experience extreme fatigue? It scares me latley. I never feel fully awake. My Bells Palsy is really bad too. Had it before surgery and even more now (had surgery Aug. 2011). I've been in PT for balance since Oct. and I thought by now I would feel stronger. I really don't. I was told today at PT that I was doing good and not be so hard on myself. They actually say that to me often. I am my own worst enemy. It's been 6 months since my surgery and I get very tired easily, sweat, lose my breathe, get nausea while exerting myself. They keep telling me that it's only been 6 months and this is all normal for the kind of surgery I had. My nausea is really getting to me along with my headaches that are coming back lately. My husband tells me that I moan in pain in my sleep and I wake up at least 1-2 times a time. I guess I'm not getting a restful sleep. Could this be causing some of my weakness and everything that goes along with it? Thanks for listening.

Love, Christine XO

Christine,

I went through the same thing after my surgery. It took me a year before I was able to go back to work and then I was only able to go part time (hopefully you don't have that long of a recovery). It's frustrating, I know. I had the same symptoms as you...headaches,sweating, tired, nausea. It will eventually get better. I'm sure others will tell you the same thing...it takes time and everyone's recovery is different. Hang in there! You are not alone!

Keep us updated on your progress!

Monique

Haven't had the surgery yet, but between the CM and the POTS there are days I cannot get out of bed until early afternoon at best. Sorry you are going through this

I still have those symptoms and my decompression surgery was on 9/26/2005. I really wish I could tell you they got better but, I am much worse post op. Right now I am having a 9 out of 10 pain day. With 10 being passing out pain. I have medicated and am hoping posting will take my mind off of it. .....but I agree with your PT's.....Give yourself a break! You are doing amazing 6 months post op. You are always such an uplifting person & bless us all with your kindness. Please know you are truly appreciated !!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon and can get some peaceful sleep,

Tracy Z.

Thank you Tracy, you're so sweet! Feel crumbly today and taking it easy. Listening to body for a change. Hope you have a good day!

XO Christine
TracyZ said:

I still have those symptoms and my decompression surgery was on 9/26/2005. I really wish I could tell you they got better but, I am much worse post op. Right now I am having a 9 out of 10 pain day. With 10 being passing out pain. I have medicated and am hoping posting will take my mind off of it. .....but I agree with your PT's.....Give yourself a break! You are doing amazing 6 months post op. You are always such an uplifting person & bless us all with your kindness. Please know you are truly appreciated !!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon and can get some peaceful sleep,

Tracy Z.

Thank you Michael! I hope you find relief soon. :) I hope happier, pain free days are coming our way soon.

Michael Salasky said:

Haven't had the surgery yet, but between the CM and the POTS there are days I cannot get out of bed until early afternoon at best. Sorry you are going through this

Monique, thank you so much! Not happy you had the same symptoms, but a little relieved that it's part of the recovery. I''ll def keep you posted. XO

Katie, you poor thing. Too much in such a short time for you. We're all in this together. :) smiles to you and everyone!

Christine,

It's a double edged sword, isn't it. It helps to hear someone else has gone through the same things you have, BUT, at the same time, it doesn't make you feel like there is hope of feeling better sooner! At least at the beginning/right after surgery. It has taken me years to emotionally and mentally almost will myself to feel better or get through the really tough days. And then of course, like yesterday, I was in a dark room with my covers over my head trying not to cry because I was in so much pain.

Keep writing and venting and using us! Everyone on this site is great!

XOXO Monique