Does anyone suffer from bad or severe back and muscle pain with Chiari and Syringomyelia?

Hi,

I have Chiari malformation and I've been recently been diagnosed with syringomyelia and fibromyalgia. I'm going to have an MRI scan this week with the injection dye to check everything. I've had so many MRI scans but this is the first time I'm having the dye injection.

Since last year I've been having back pain at the top and bottom of my back and the pain is daily. I find it difficult sitting for longer periods of time and i have to get up to ease the pain. Even lying down can be a pain but for me it's the best way to ease the pain.I can't sit at a computer for that long. This makes it difficult for me to see what type of work to do. I used to do online tutoring but it would affect my head and back and i tire easily by talking lots. I use heat pads with help ease the pain. My consultant said that the back pain has nothing to do with chiari.

Does anyone who has Chiari malformation and syringomyelia experience back and muscle pain when sitting down and lying down? What has helped you ease your pain? Do you have difficulty breathing after walking upstairs?

I really would appreciate your help. Thanks

Hi there RedSquirrel90, do check out our Living With Fibromyalgia community where you may find ideas and tips which will help you with the fibro pain and fatigue. Kindest, JulesG

Thank you Jules G, I will have a look.

Jules G said:

Hi there RedSquirrel90, do check out our Living With Fibromyalgia community where you may find ideas and tips which will help you with the fibro pain and fatigue. Kindest, JulesG