Curious

Has anyone else experienced weight gain with Chiari? I have gained 30+ pounds in a matter of 2 months without any changes to diet or exercise plan. I have never experienced anything like this

Morgan, there is a connection between Chiari and thyroid disfunction. There is also a tendency for us to be low in vitamin D, which cause weight gain. Just a couple ideas :slight_smile:

Jenn

Wow ladies, 30lbs. in either 2 mos. or 6 mos. for Mandy does point to hormone related without change in diet or exercise patterns. I gained 50 lbs. over 5 years due to less activity mainly since my appetite is cut in half basically. Stress and cortisol can do it. Your PCP should check TSH, free T3, free T4, and I've done a 24 hr. urine for cortisol before that was up.

Good Luck

Geoff.

Morgan,

I have also gained about 30 pounds. My activity level has gone down, but my diet has changed for the better. I have hypothyroidism and Vit D difficency. I've been on medication for both for a year or so. I haven't been able to lose the weight at all. If you find anything that works for you, please share.

I asked my NS if Chiari could be causing all of my hormonal issues, and he said it wasn't likely, but it seems like there is some correlation...