Chiari Surgery Options

I felt ok pulling shirts with a v-neck over my head. Also they told me to bring flat, supportive shoes. No sandals or flip flops!

I was ok pulling a shirt over my head too :slight_smile: one piece of great I got was to bring a little bottle of biotene- your mouth gets soooo dry from the meds it’s hard to talk.

Thanks so much for the great information. As the big day approaches I am getting more and more nervous!

I had my surgery last Wednesday. I was really sick the afternoon and evening after, but a little better the next couple of days. Today has been really hard, my neck and shoulders hurt really bad and of course still have a headache. I do feel like the neck pain is the worst. I am hoping the pain goes away soon.

Mrs B, oh so sorry you are feeling rough. There can be some tough days. Can someone get you arnica gel for your neck- not on the incision but front and sides, and upper chest? Do you have a muscle relaxer prescription? If not call your NS. Hang in there and know it will get better.

Jenn

I think I may call today and ask if we can try something different for pain and / or muscle relaxer. I can’t sleep much because can’t get comfortable and that is making me feel blah :frowning: