Chairi malformation

HI tomorrow is the first time im seeing a neurosurgeon I just want to know if they do test right away and what test do they do to you because I have Chiari Malformation I did the MRI already i'm very nervous

Hi dolphinlove, I understand how stressful it can be to see a new doctor. Something that I started doing a while back to help calm myself is to make lists. I make a list of all the questions I have - and I bring it with me so I won't forget to ask them. I also started listing down (for my benefit) what my hope / expectation was for the appointment. This way I could take practical steps and have reasonable expectations. I realized that I was sometimes unrealistic in expectations and I would come away from an appointment upset. For example, it is reasonable to want better symptom management but unreasonable to go to the doctor appointment expecting a cure. By listing this out for myself ahead of time I calm my nerves and feel more prepared. Please keep us updated on how the appointment goes. I am sending you gentle hugs and I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Take deep breaths and remember that a neurosurgeon is just a person too. In my experience, tests are scheduled after meeting with the surgeon, anywhere from a few days after to several weeks depending on where you have them done. For me, I only had three MRI's including a CSF flow study which is done in the MRI as well. Some neurosurgeons want their own or new MRI depending on how old and how accurate they were. Deep breaths, make a list of your questions and HAND it to the doctor! Let us know how it goes today!! XOXO

That is some great advice, BFGF, I always hand in a list at both the Internist and Rheumatologist, and every bit is put in my records. My list is not only questions, but it also includes any changes, for better or worse, that have taken place pertaining to my health.

I hope this will be a very warm and generous person, but that is not always the case with a surgeon. Just keep in mind that they DO care, look at what they have taken on to help others.

I'm rooting for you, hope things go well for you!