Can't Take The Heat.....But I'm Always Cold?!?

Okay, so as I've said before in other discussions, I'm a new CM-1 patient. Just diagnosed one month ago today, as a matter of fact. My neurologist has referred me to a NS, but I haven't received my appt date yet, so I don't know if surgery is in my future or not.......

Anyway, I wonder if anyone else has the same problem I do. If I work out in the yard, I get overheated and get a REALLY bad headache/neck ache. But here's the catch-22.....when I'm inside the house, if I'm by myself, a lot of the time I'll turn the AC off because I'm always cold! I'll have goosebumps and my husband will be complaining that it's hot in the house.....I work from home, so I'm there by myself most of the time, except in summer when my boys aren't in school.

So, am I nuts?? Or does someone else out there have an explanation for my craziness? LoL!

~Mariah :-)

Not sure if I have POTS or not but I tend to find A/C to be way too cold. In fact I am running a space heater in my office at work...in July. The only time I turn it off is when I eat lunch because I'll heat up for about 30 minutes after eating then go back to being cold.

I agree with everyone.

I have been diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia (POTS), a type of Dysautonomia.

Abby added an excellent article.

This article also helps explain heat and cold intolerance. It has massive information.

http://rarediseasesnetwork.epi.usf.edu/ARDCRC/patients/learnmore/FAQ.htm

Here I thought it was just me! I have CM1 and Raynauds. On top of that I also have Factor 5 Leiden gene defect (increased risk for clotting). I get cold very easily, never sweat, and heat exhausted very rapidly as well.

I stay cold. We went to Florida in July and I actually wore a warm-up suit! My family thought I was nuts!! I always wear long sleeves at work and church. And most of the time at home because they always have the A/C going. So you are not alone!

The heat makes me exhausted, takes everything out of me. I freeze in the winter time & I live in Fl. In the morning I always run a low grade fever, hot…cold…can’t figure it out

Wow, Gypsy1323, I too run a low-grade fever sometimes! When I’m really tired, I’ll run a 99-100 degree fever. It goes away with ibuprofen, though!

You definitely are not alone Mariah! And, we are all just a little bit crazy aren't we? LOL. One of my major issues is temperature regulation. I am very rarely comfortable. I'm either overheated or cold. I've just learned to deal with it I guess. But, I have found that all of my symptoms are much much better in warmer weather, so I have been loving this heat wave coming through PA, and have gotten a ton of projects done outside because I've been feeling so great! :-)

I also have problems keeping comfortable,I had a lot of sweating for a long time,that is not as bad after surgery.I have cold toes, it feels as if my toes have been in ice water when they warm they burn.Does anyone have this?