Bulging discs caused by chiari?

The reason my Chiari and Syringomyelia was discovered was because of chronic lower back pain due to bulging discs. My Neurosurgeon believes that pain along with all of the other symptoms that have crept up on me will be alleviated once my spinal fluid is flowing again. Has anyone else suffered from problems in their lower back because of chiari? And, if so, did surgery correct that problem?

I have Chiari, Syringomyelia, and multiple herniated discs. A car accident started all of my problems. Was your pain/symptoms brought on by trauma too? My Decompression surgery isn’t until June 28th, so I don’t know what pain/symptoms will be alleviated yet. I’m curious about this too. It would be great if the surgery helped with my lower back pain too. I know that syrinxes can cause lower back pain, so if the syrinx shrinks after decompression, we could get relief from at least some of our lower back pain. I’m curious to hear from others that have had surgery.

Mine was not brought on by trauma. I have suffered from migraines all of my life and just started getting all of the back pain issues in my early thirties. I have been wearing a back brace for about four years. Just recently I started getting the limb weakness, jaw pain, and burning sensations in my limbs, upper back and neck. I'm really worried that the lower back is a separate issue, because that is the part that makes working so difficult, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I will keep you posted Crystal!

Yes, please keep me posted. I hope this surgery relieves our lower back pain too. Like you, I really don’t want to deal with any additional surgeries and/or treatments for my lower back pain. My L4 and L5 are shattered into little pieces, so in my case, I think that is part of the problem in my lower back…hopefully not though. We’ll both find out soon!

Thank you guys. I hear about all of the other symptoms of Chiari, but rarely do I find anyone with lower back problems due to this condition. Glad to know that it may all be connected and hopefully surgery will do the trick for all of the pain.

I have Bulging disc's in cervical, thoracic and god knows where else LOL syrix's in thoracic spinal cord, chiari, nl or ns never did mri of lumbar spine yet so nothing known there yet. I know I have had alot of banging of head, back you name it in the navy but I do not know if that may have caused any of this at all