Bone decompression

hi could anyone tell me there experiance on bone only decompression for chiari as my 2 year old grandson is having this done in july,what can we expect how long is the surgery ,what are the dangers any imformation would be great thankou..................

in my case i needed to have two because my syrinx was so big and would not drain and more pressure was on it

side effect is feeling pressure for some time but should go away after some time, i know each case is different though

if you can tell me more about what is wrong or about the case maybe i can pin down or get exact information for you

hi thankyou for your reply well my grandson is 2 and a half we found out he had a significant chiari 1 malformation last march after he had real bad seizures,he all so has nystagmus head pain when coughing sneezzing ,pins and needles choking balance problems amoung other things also fluid flow is interrupted ,he is a very happy little boy and just gets on with it,anyway his doctor said that he thinks he need sergery and he would just take bone to begin with and not open the dura ,...