Back issues

Does amyone else have weakness in your back and lower extremities? Had a mri done and they said it was normal but I am in a lot of pain. Been having a lot of swelling again and am feeling miserable since I was in a car wreck in January.

Have you been checked for tethered cord? It's somewhat common in people with Chiari and could cause weakness in the legs and back. Do you have a syrinx? That could also cause issues. Sadly it seems there are a few other conditions that can tag along with Chiari.

I had a Mri done on Monday and they said my lower back looked good except for a slight curvature. I am so tired of being told everything is normal when I can barely walk or climb up stairs. It was all set off by a car accident where I was rear ended. I just wanna feel normal again it has been over 2 years since my surgery and I feel like everything has gone downhill since.

My back pain and weakness is unbelievable, has been for years. Best advice I ever got. Stop lifting! If it hurts don’t do it. That curvature could be due to constant pressure on the spine from the tonsils. I notice the next day if I have overdone it. Had a lifting restriction placed for my job and it has really helped me. Checking for tethered cord us vital. My niece will be having that surgery in Sept. and her Dr. @ Duke says that should fix her leg pain & weakness. Be persistent if you are in pain, your body is telling you something isnt right…