Awareness on Youtube

I remember when I first got diagnosed with Chiari Malformation type 1, one of the first things I did was search up others journeys on Youtube. I was met with a bunch of medical videos from professionals talking about Chiari, and only a couple videos of peoples surgery story on their channels. While, the medical videos did educate me, and the years-ago posted content from creators on the site was mildly helpful, I was really looking to connect to someone my age, going through same issues.

I realize there is not really any recent content being posted about the condition either. As a teenager struggling with a new brain condition, I was really looking for some hope in others journeys, and stories. Something to relate to I suppose. Before I got diagnosed, I had no idea what the condition was, or that it even existed. I just had to get this out of my system, but I am heavily considering making Youtube videos on the condition to be guidance and light for other teenagers just like me, or more. It is becoming more common, and there is really no influence for kids like us, with chiari malformation.

Once I figure out how to edit better, I will consider doing videos, to help raise awareness on the condition, and help others who are going to be/are in the same situation I was. I hope this is a good idea, and I just had to get this idea out of my mind to people who can understand. wooo.

-sublime

1 Like

You should definitely spread the awareness! Iā€™m considering making a channel and discuss chiari on there too.

1 Like