7 1/2 weeks post op

My surgery is 7 months out and I am still having some pressure headaches and other symptoms also.I was told by my surgeon it would take a year for the changes to be realized,the NS that performed my decompression was very up front with me about a long recovery and it has been very slow.I am beginning to feel better but recovery is up and down,one step forward and 2 steps back,this is the norm for this surgery.The surgeon who did my surgery is probably one of the best and is a pioneer in this field,he started doing this surgery before most of the other NSs.Dr. Rosner is located in Hendersonville,N.C.,to my opinion he is the best,my incision did not even have a stitch or staple in it,he is incredible,his success rate is pretty high.We know as chiari patients there are no way for any NS to be able to say what our outcome will be,each of us are different but the surgeon does the decompressions does it differently.

My daughter's decompression was Nov. 20. 8 weeks later, things were still a bit rough. The post op road has been SOOOOOOO SLOW and gradual. Some days, it's felt as if she's taken two steps back instead of forward; but looking at the big picture, her life is a billion times better then it was. NS says it can take about 12-18 months to get to "full" recovery and to be able to gauge the new baseline "normal." Stay tough...and in time, things can be better!

Can you ask your dr to give u ou muscle rrlaxers? That is part of what i use for my muscle pain