Welcome Tracie!

@Cookrmakr2000

Lets all give a warm welcome to Tracie from Oklahoma.

Tracie has a long history of diagnoses that eventually led her to do her own research on her symptoms. She was finally diagnosed with Chiari Malformation.

After reading your profile, I can empathize with you alot. My mother has fibromyalgia and I know how frustrating it is when people can’t seem to understand the fatigue and paint that comes with the condition. Add to that your current symptoms, and you must be having a difficult time coping with chiari.

Tracie, I want you to approach this community as your own - please get involved, ask questions communicate with our other members. You never know, you may be able to help them out OR they may be able to help you out. If you simply want to read and learn about the condition as well as other patient experiences, I also encourage you to do so.

Once again, welcome to Ben’s Friends Tracie.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

I am living well now after decompression over 10 years ago. I have since been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have, through lots of trial and error, finally found a lifestyle that keeps me sane, relatively pain free and generally works for me.
I wanted to share something new to me that might help another…
Recently, I felt as if I was having a re-occurance of some Chiari symptoms…felt like Swelling and pressure at base of skull, (enough to not be able to comfortably lie on a pillow) dizzyness ( eyes floating around for a while before being able to focus)and a bit of nausea… That led me to search for this group. After running a routine blood test, my doctor found I was extremely low on potassium. Almost a week later after taking prescription pottasium, I am back to my normal self( what ever normal is LOL) and Chiari symptom free again. Who knew that low potassium level could cause so much trouble!

Welcome Tracie! I too have Chiari and fibromyalgia, so you are not alone. If I learn some great techniques for managing symptoms, I’ll be sure to let you know. Glad you’re here :slight_smile: