Urinary Incontinence

I am not too thrilled to have to post this, but it is driving me crazy! I am 34 yrs old and have only had one child. I did not have this problem before Chiari. I had some symptoms before the surgery, but now it has gotten worse. I have an appt tomorrow and I will be bringing this up. Does anyone have similar stories to share. I am very frustrated.

I do some and urologist put me on a pill to slow it down and it's worked some. Enblex is the name of it i think

Thanks Christine, I am more worried about what is causing it. I am the type of person that needs to knw how everything works. Lol. I am pretty sure it is Chiari related, but it is still very frustrating.

I asked the Urologist and he said that either the chiari and/or the syrinx's can be causing it. My NS wanted me to go to the urologist because he didn't know if the constant going to bathroom was a symptom...

Piece of advice though. If your put on Enblex it dries you up pretty good and makes you constipated. My urologist suggested taking fiber daily to help with that and thats helped alot. One thing I'm finding is the NS, atleast mine doesnt know the symptoms

I feel like I have to go to the restroom almost all the time :( I didn't think about it being chiari related though.

my urologist said it effects bladder and i guess kidneys to

One of the symptoms of Hydrocephalus is incontinence.It amazes me that Neurologists don't say anything about this to Chiari patients. Just Google 'Hydrocephalus and incontinence' Mine actually cleared up after surgery but has come back now that I have a blockage once again. It was my favorite by product of have the decompression surgery that I didn't need to know where every bathroom was everytime I left the house.

I have this embarassing problem too:( I’m 32 and I have no children, so it definitely can’t be from child birth. This has only been an issue for me for about the last year. From what I’ve read, it is usually caused by a syrinx or tethered cord. I also read that it can be a symptom of Chiari, but it is just not as common as some of the other symptoms. I have a syrinx, so I’m assuming that is what is causing my problem. You should definitely talk to your doctor about it. It is one of the many symptoms I plan to discuss with my NS at the end of the month.

Thank you for bringing this topic up…it can be hard to talk about.

It is embarassing. Doesn't help with the Dr looks at you crazy when you mention it :( my NS just said there's a different cause and sent me to urologist...then he's the one that told me that it's a symptom