Too help relief headaches

WE ALL GET THEM, DIFFERENT TYPES AND DIFFERENT PLACES,

WE GET FACE PAIN, NECK PAIN, AND SHOULDER PAIN,

BUT BOTTOM LINE WE GET THEM AND ITS A BIG PROBLEM, BUT WOULD YOU LIKE IT MANAGED? TO WHERE IT DOESNT STOP YOUR LIFE?

Key factors to help a chiari headache, (this is what i do ive been headache free for along time,)

drugs that can work ,

topamax 100mg, 50mgs morning and night, side effects, tingling feet, this will last about a month, its nasty, but bear with it, it does help, it can take acouple of months to take effect,

ibprofen, 3x200mg, i know big dose, but little amounts dont work, thats for the days im really stressed, or i just have a headache, that feels normal, like everyone else,.

peppermint tea, made with just hot water, leave teabag in there, or if made with leaves i leave to brew for about 20mins, get it nice and strong, the mint are known to also aid digestion, so its good alround.

neck brace, when my head is heavy or i feel like im a bobbing dog, i put it on, it helps relax my muscles and allows support so my head can rest, it also stops neck aching which can cause headaches,

i watch how i place my head, if im sitting down anywhere, and feel the back of my neck or base of skull feel fatiqued/sore i change position straight way, this stops cramps and sore spots.

if laying down its important to always put something under your head, wether you roll up a piece of clothing with outside, but also place something under your head, this adds supports and puts your head into a better position, if your head is not it can cause fluid compression, pressure drop, headaches, neck issues,

dont over lift, no heavy items, we are all aware on what this does, but are you aware that also having your arms to high for long can cause the same issues, this puts pressure on the muscles in your shoulders and neck, causing spasms, cramps, fatique, headaches, pressure changes,

rest and meditation, is inportant, meditation allows your body to breath and relax, visual the pain and fluid running through your brain and body (my sound crazy but it helps, if anything it can just help you go to sleep),

these are my key things, its not alot, just little changes help in abig way,

with chiari its managment and thats the hardest thing,

its not a death sentence, its a life sentence, so its up to you to make the best of what you are.

also what have you done to help with headaches?

joelene

1 Like

I know it sounds bizarre but when I feel a headache coming on, I drink a small can of soda. If that doesn't help, I take excedrin migraine medicine. If that doesn't work, I usually end up crawling into bed and making a cradle for my head and trying to sleep it away! I'm lucky right now that I'm able to do that, but that's my "headache ritual."

Thanks for sharing!
Katrina W.

I have recently started Botox for my migraines & it has helped greatly. It does not help with the pressure headaches I get at back of my head, but at least Iā€™m not having blinding migraines as often;)