Thanks to all! / Any helpful hints post-op?

Hello everyone! This is "Redtam's" Mom.(she let me write on her page) I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome for our daughter. She was diagnosed on her 18th birthday (Blah) and it has been quite a journey up to this point. Most people have no idea what Chiari is. (We didn't either until now). This site is a blessing, truly! Her first reaction after the shock was "Well. at least I'm not crazy" because her walking and speech is something she struggles with lately, and the headaches and vomiting are something her friends don't understand.

If anyone wants to share anything with me on what to expect post-op, and when she comes home, I would greatly appreciate it. Any tricks? things you didn't expect but had to deal with at home? etc.

As a mom, I'm writing to hopefully get some incite so I can be (or appear to be) one step ahead of things. I know this is going to be a major deal because her herniation is HUGE, already down to C2 of her spine. Surgery is 18 days away (after final exams and during Christmas break), so we are on the countdown. I look forward to hearing from some of you, and again, thank you so much for the support. Cheryl