Spinal Tap done

My lumbar puncture was done today, and as much as I feared it, so far so good.

:-) My back is sore, but really no headache to talk about. YAY!

My pressure was 19, which I think eleminates a pseudotumor. What do you think?

I haven't heard from my NS and I know he needs to get the report first. The radiologist was pretty cool and told me the pressure while I was still on the table. They drew 3 vials of fluid to send in to test for protein, sugars, culture, etc. I am assuming that is standard procedure, but don't know for sure.

Now, I wait to find out if decompression surgery is on the table.

I am soooo glad to be done, for I hope a while, with MRIs, cine MRIs, x-rays, blood tests, spinal taps...yada, yada, yada. I will say, I do appreciate how thorough my NS is before he even considers surgery....

So...stay tuned

and...thanks for ALL the support and encouragement you have sent my way!

Gunna,

I just commented on the other thread. I am so glad you are okay and you didn't get a headache and it was bearable. So great! It is a good sign that your NS is so thorough. Take it easy and don't do too much. I had a pretty big bruise with mine but it was uncomfortable for a few days.

Wendy

Your NS is very thorough! That's wonderful. You will at least be able to feel confident that if surgery is what he recommends, it must be necessary. Keep us posted:)

Glad that's over for you. Did they tell you to push the caffiene? My NL said he has had better luck avoiding the spinal HA if the patient pushed caffiene. I sure did enjoy the extra coffee.

Hopefully it gives you some peace that you are seeing one of the best NS in the country.

Diana