Question about MRI report

The last 2 weeks my headaches my headaches have taken a very bad turn so my pain management Doc ordered another MRI, according to the report there "were no acute abnormalities"

I did read something that I do not understand...

"There is a persistent small fluid collection of CSF attenuation within the postoperative bed consistent with a pseudomeningocele as seen on multiple prior
examinations."

Does anyone know what this means?

I have no personal experience with pseudomeningocele but according to the Conquer Chiari website they are somewhat common post-op complication. I would definitely call your NS and ask why he's not mentioned it before. It's possible this could be causing your headaches!

Surgical Complications
• Pseudomeningocele – One of the
more common complications associated
with decompression surgery, pseudomeningoceles can range from asymptomatic
to requiring surgical repair.

I hope you get relief soon! You are in my prayers!

It’s not an acute finding because its been seen on prior exams. I would also want to know why my doc had not mentioned it before. He was probably waiting to see if your symptoms would go away without having to say anything about it. I hope you get what you need to feel better.

Jenn

Kenny get your Radiology Reports from all your MRI's since your last surgery. They will tell you when they first noticed you had a psuedomeningocele.

A psuedomeningocele is a collection of CSF leaking from the brain into the spacing between the brain's covering and muscle and skin. I would guess yours is small and the NS has been watching it and expecting it to heal on it's own. Are you having any fluid leaking out of the skin or a squishy place or swelling on your lower or occipital area or incision site?

I would definitely call your NS and tell him about your new MRI & findings and you are having headaches that are getting worse.Please explain to him any new symptoms you are having.

Ask him how he plans on treating this.

No acute abnormalities means they didn't find anything that needs urgent care.

Please let us know how you are doing Kenny.

I mean that!!!

Tracy