Post surgery

Has anyone else had their symptoms become worse after a decompression surgery. My son just had his second decompression surgery and again his symptoms have gotten so worse that he is requiring assistance to breathe and has a feeding tube. Please anyone with any a five let me know.

My son had a second decompression surgery 8 months after the first. He also has a syrinx with his and it moved instead of reducing in size and he had boney growth and scar tissue. The neurosurgeon said this happens sometimes and then blocks the flow of csf creating the syrinx. He did not have to have oxygen, but not a breathing tube. He got bacterial meningitis after his surgeries which landed him back in the hospital for a long time. What did your neurosurgeon have to say after the surgery? What are his thoughts and concerns for why your son is not doing better? I know it sucks, been there... Hang in there!

*He did

Toni said:

My son had a second decompression surgery 8 months after the first. He also has a syrinx with his and it moved instead of reducing in size and he had boney growth and scar tissue. The neurosurgeon said this happens sometimes and then blocks the flow of csf creating the syrinx. He did not have to have oxygen, but not a breathing tube. He got bacterial meningitis after his surgeries which landed him back in the hospital for a long time. What did your neurosurgeon have to say after the surgery? What are his thoughts and concerns for why your son is not doing better? I know it sucks, been there... Hang in there!