Neurosurgeon Question

My neurosurgeon has never ordered a CineMRI...is that a standard test that should be ordered?

Also I have spent 3 days research NS's that specialize in this and take my insurance.

The ones that are listed on the forum don't accept my insurance. Though I will be calling to double check. The Chiari Institute is my first choice but from what I can tell they don't.

Has anyone heard or been a patient of Dr Stephen Dante? He is based in Philadelphia at the University of Penn. He's been recommended by two different people.

A lot of NS do order a CINE MRI to make sure that your chiari malformation isn't blocking spinal fluid flow. I do see however that you have syrinx and have had an episode of paralysis. My NS used the CINE MRI on patients without a syrinx to see if they would benefit from surgery or not. A syrinx in itself indicates that spinal fluid flow has been blocked so it's possible your doctor felt the test would be redundant. If you have a syrinx surgery is indicated because of the great risk of permanent paralysis.

I have not had a CINE MRI either, my surgery is 6/9/14. I also have a syrinx as well, which may be why I didnt have one done as mentioned above. Best wishes