Neck injections!

neurologist appointment today and a little confused

this is a new doctor I was sent to by my primary and he said

cerebellar tonsillar ectopia isn't causing my headaches and all the other symptoms of chiari

but I was given two injections of steroids and imitrex in my neck which are very painful. He also said if my condition worsens he will send me to a surgeon who specializes in chiari malformations. Either i

ehave chiari or I don't it seems but my mri says that I have cerebellar tonsillar ectopia! My question to you is there different levels of this or is my pain made up because this dr is treating me for chronic migranes right now

Yes agreed w Nykki, he is ruling out migraines right now. Start researching the NS you want to see- you get to make that choice!

Jenn

That's what I figured but this makes me feel weird I mean what is my next step I'm in pain as I type and feel alone!
Nykki said:

Hi Marie,

You do have Chiari. He put you through that crap to prove it. Your pain will continue which will warrant the referral. Oh, the hoops we have to jump through.

Take care,

Nykki

Now what will happen on my next appointment which is schedule a month from now and he has given me a log to write down all the migraines. It just seems like even with the proof of the mri they still treat you as if your making this pain up!

jcdemar said:

Yes agreed w Nykki, he is ruling out migraines right now. Start researching the NS you want to see- you get to make that choice!

Jenn

I want to thank both Nykki and jcdemar for their comments and helpful words! I am also so thankful for this site because I need these kind of forums and discussions from people who really go through and understand some of the same concerns and symptoms that I have. This is so hard to deal with but also frustrating at the same time. Do any of you sometime feel so empty headed literally like nothing is there. I am dizzy balance is off my arm and leg on my right side just gives out and is completely numb which is so scary I'm not sure if this is a stroke or what.

Thank you

Nykki said:

Hi Marie,

You do have Chiari. He put you through that crap to prove it. Your pain will continue which will warrant the referral. Oh, the hoops we have to jump through.

Take care,

Nykki

Thank you and I will continue searching neuro's until I find one that will listen and also take action and help me where it's needed

jcdemar said:

Jenn