Here are my symptoms list. I copied ALL of the symptoms from the Chiari Symptoms page on Mayo Clinic's Website as I suffer from all of them. I was wondering how much of you have all symptoms on the Chiari website or any different symptoms not listed.
My symptoms began in October of 1999 when, earlier, I came down with mono. I then got severe head pain, especially in the back of the head and eyes. I went to the hospital and they found nothing (spinal tap, MRI, CT Scan, blood work - nothing). I have only progressively worsened, though now I have found out I have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (likely from immobility) and a dislocated TMJ (which I didn't have in 1999). My symptoms are:
- Constant 24/7 Head, Eye, Ear, Back and Neck pain (running down the shoulders at times)
- Back of head: I can only lie on my right side. I can't even touch a pillow to the back of my head or my pain increases in my eyes and base of skull leading to a migraine.
- Anterior dislocation of jaw (left side) with displaced disc.
- Diagnosed with P.O.T.S. with tachycardia (130bpm) and bradycardia (47bpm)
- Unsteady gait (problems with balance)
- Poor hand coordination (fine motor skills)
- Numbness and tingling of the hands and feet
- Severe Dizziness
- Significant memory loss
- Difficulty swallowing (not often - only recently)
- Vision problems (blurred or double vision)
- Slurred speech (I've been asked if I have had a stroke, quite embarrassing)
- Chest pain, left sided
- Constant left arm pain
- Poor bladder control (including constipation)
- Left side of body is weaker than right side
- Insomnia (big time)
- Possible scoliosis
- Chronic Fatigue (without the possibility of sleep)
- Concentration issues
I would really appreciate it if someone could look over this and give their opinion. If I do not have Chiari (see my other post), I am wondering if the POTS and stomach issues has been created from being immobile for far too long. However, the base of the skull pain and eye pain are questionable; I had these before any jaw popping or TMJ problems existed. I have no idea if you can have TMJ problems without having popping, etc.
Also, please feel free to share your list of symptoms. Treat it like a competition - lol :D Seriously though, would definitely like to see other symptoms and how everything began for you.
Thanks for reading and see you later.