Living with a Chronic Condition

Thanks Joelene for the recipe.....i just gotta get to the food store and get all the stuff!!!! Since helping my mom at my sisters house while my sis works , seems I am never here!!!!

Living With a Chronic Condition: I am trying, myself , these days to do the balancing act..which I think you all know what i mean...we all things in out lives that must be done..Chiari or no Chiari....Today I am finding myself completely overwhelmed...Thankfully, my Chiari Sx's are not that bad....But, Stress can play a big roll , for me, anyway...it bring up the symptoms abruptly...So wish me luck on trying to remain focused at task at hand ect...any advice for a Chiarian who is having a hard time dealing with life issues that seem to have come up all at once...I didn't corner the market on lifes problems....we all have them....sometimes we get whammed all at once with just to many 'issues' ..thats where i am at today...love to you all.

Lori

Thanks so much Abby....

I am tired..but ya know..I love feeling like i am making a positive difference in moms life.....now that she is out of rehab she is less demanding and I truly enjoy her..don't get me wrong.....i am NO ANGEL...I get ticked off at times too..we are all human.

Gotta get over there..but more later...Geri has a computer and I am going to start teaching mom how to use it!!!! I told her ..you are never too old.

Blesssings,

Lori

oh lori

im sorry things have caught up with you, it shouldnt be that way, but my god, you inspire me for more, youve manged to do it all, and not complain, its bound to catchup and thats ok, maybe abby is right, some other help might be a good idea, you dont have to do it all, i think as women we take on too much, we try to be superwomen, but evenually we crumble,

i comment you, you need to give yourself some credit to what you have achieved to date, any lesser person would of not been able to do it, but now my dear girl, you need to help yourself, your mother will underastand, maybe you need a warm bath with candles and light music, just to wind down and allow yourself for a treat,

dont be afraid to look after you, if your unwell you are unable to help anyone else, and unsure that you mother would be unhappy to know you have gotten really unwell by helping her.

take care my friend, take some time for you

my heart goes out to you.

joelene

Joelene:

Thank you so much for your kind words and concern. You are right..as women, we try to be there and do things for others..which i think is a good thing...but we do need to take care of ourselves!!

Right now, I am overwhelmed with my own home..it is a mess...I have not been here to do anything since I have spent the past week at my sisters with mom...

I am not good when it comes to things being completely out of order..i am not a clean freak but.....you see, my hubby is doing things around here ..putting in new flooring , painting ect....tools every where..Don't get me wrong, i am thrilled he knows how to do all this stuff and he is willing to...plus he is still looking for a job..he was laid off last mth..

I just don't know where to start..anyone ever feel that way...what to do 1st???? Actually..what I would love to do is go back to bed!!!!!! I am not depressed(overly) just tired and overwhelmed.

You guys are the best...

XOXOXOXO

Lori

Lori, sweetie,

You need to get some rest and let the house go for now. It's just going to get messed up again until Michael finishes what he is doing! You have gone above and beyond for someone with a chronic condition and your taking care of your family. I think you are amazing as are all the members on our site! Living with Chiari is hard, but we have to keep moving on with our lives no matter what, right? Love you guys!

Carla

lori,

do the only rooms that matters, and thats the kitchen and bedroom, forget everything else, its only mess it cant hurt you,

if your kitchen clean, then making a hot drink would be nice, and if your bedroom clean, then you can crawl into bed with your hot drink.

and it will feel good,

i know your not going to stop stressing about the house but aleast the best areas are tidy for you,

and it will be over with soon enough and then you are able to enjoy your new house.

hang in there as best as you can

joelene

Lori,

Are you still stressing like Jolene said? You need a break, girl!

Carla

Carla,

I am trying not to let stuff get to me..like the house, ect......

Thanks for caring!!!

Lori

we all care lori

thats why we are all so special,

and your worth caring over.

joelene

yes abby

you are correct with that one,