I'm a new member and glad I'm not alone in this

My name is Leni and I was diagnosed last November (at 59) and had surgery on 1/16/17. My first 2-3 weeks of recovery were really good. On my first post-op, my doctor said I was ahead of the curve as far as my recovery and my next visit is 2/24/17. This past weekend I started having extreme daily headaches (worse than before the surgery). I can’t think of anything I’m doing different and not much is helping. My doctor prescribed Naproxen 500mg, Valium 5mg (for neck spasms), and Oxycodone 5mg. I don’t like taking narcotics so I’ve tried OTC migraine and tension headache meds. Any ideas?

Hi Leni, I am 54 and was just diagnosed in December. I wish I had advice about the surgery and recovery for you. I haven’t read up on it yet. My neurosurgeon recommended surgery for my Chiari and my CSS too. I am going to go to physical therapy and have shots for my neck. I am wearing a collar and taking it easy, it really helps my pain. Im not ready for surgery. Wishing you a fast recovery, you will be in my prayers.