I was under the impression once decompression was complete i was cured

I was diagnosed with Chiari 1 in 2011. Had decompression surgery in June 2011. I was told to go back for a follow up MRI a year later. When i went to do that, my insurance refused to pay. So i just went on about my buisness. I have chronic pain that never went away. Left sided weakness, fatigue, positional double vision, neck and shoulder pain. Depression and anxiety. Shortly after decompression surgery they diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I question that dx because as i am new to this site, i see my sx are more compatible with CM. Any input and insite would be greatly appreciated. I had no idea that this wasnt curable. My NS never said anything.

Sadly surgery is a treatment but not a cure. It seems crazy that your insurance denied your follow up MRI. I would try to dispute that because you really need a post-op MRI to make sure that the surgery was successful in restoring CSF flow and that you aren't having any issues with scar tissue.

Thank you alit for the info. I will follow up and keep you posted. I am so grateful i stubbled upon this site.

Wow. Cant spell. Stumbled upon the site.