I feel alone

Right now I feel so alone, I know I have the support of family members and friends around me but they don’t know what I’m going through or how to cope with it. All the doctors except for surgeons don’t know anything about the condition and can’t help with possible symptoms. Every time I speak to a doctor they manage to make me feel very silly for even thinking I have a symptom or in fact pain. I don’t know what to do anymore.

I been to the doctor many times with pain I finally figured out if you go to the emergency room and tell them hey I have chiari my symptoms are getting worse they will help. Don’t feel like you’re silly for being in pain not alot of people know about chiari. Keep your head up and stay strong.

LN, please join our new UK group. A couple of members recommended some doctors who are familiar with Chiari and very helpful. Perhaps you can see one of them. Just click on "Groups" to find the UK group. Don't give up.

Thank you for that, I’ll be sure to try that next time I go to the emergency room, have you had any issues with going to the emergency room with a potential symptom? As when I went today after mentioning Chiari he immediately put me down as having breathing difficulties could definitely not be related to Chiari after being on a website. I found this hard to believe as not everything is known about Chiari as well as not all the symptoms are found on websites.

Rebecca Cheyenne Brittain-Hughes said:

I been to the doctor many times with pain I finally figured out if you go to the emergency room and tell them hey I have chiari my symptoms are getting worse they will help. Don’t feel like you’re silly for being in pain not alot of people know about chiari. Keep your head up and stay strong.

Thank you for the invite! I will defiantly do that, so happy that this has been made! Thank you again!

Madere (dancermom) said:

LN, please join our new UK group. A couple of members recommended some doctors who are familiar with Chiari and very helpful. Perhaps you can see one of them. Just click on “Groups” to find the UK group. Don’t give up.