Help! Newly diagnosed

Mine was diagnosed by MRI that was ordered by my Chiropractor. He was concerned since I did not seem to be progressing in my treatment plan since a car accident in 10/13 so he was concerned I may have a disc issue & sent me for an MRI. He is also a former employer of mine & has known me for several years. As he explained the Chiari diagnosis to me he added that this actually explained a lot of my other issues over the years as many of them are known to be related back to Chiari. The MRI showed me to measure at 1.05 cm. I now have an appointment with a neurologist in little over a week. I have yet to tell any of my family or friends about this…

Welcome Jennifer,

Sounds like you are taking some important steps. It is great that you are educating yourself with as much information you can about this. Being better informed will also serve to help you explain what you are dealing with to the important people in your life. On this site you will find a great list of questions already put together by one of the moderators, here is the link http://www.chiarisupport.org/profiles/blogs/preparing-for-an-appointment-with-a-new-doctor

Hi Jennifer,

Very sorry to hear of your battle with these symptoms, I can empathize completely with how overwhelming it is when this diagnosis comes literally out of nowhere. I can only say that the more I educate myself about the condition, the less powerless/overwhelmed I feel. There is a great deal of valuable information to be gained here, as well as support. I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming neuro consultation, don't hesitate to reach out to the people here with any concerns/questions, we're here for ya.