Help? Neck and back pain

Hello. I have Chiari Malformation Type 1 and my neck and back pain is getting worse. Lifting anything, certain positions, standing too much, sitting without a backrest, and laying down on my pillows. flares it up. It keeps me up at night. Over the counter medicine does not work I've tried so many. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Certain pillows? Stretches? Other medicines? My neurosurgeon said there was almost nothing to help that but I refuse to let that be my answer. She did say heating pad, which I use.

Hello. I suffered with same issues and my neuro gave me a home remedy. You may try. I place cold ice pack on neck and heating pad on feet. It causes the vessels to relax and flow properly also causing muscle spasms to stop. I found heat on my neck caused me to get headaches. So I rotate between heat and cold. The cold packs seem to do the trick for me. I also had 2 neck surgeries within 4 months of the brain surgery which causes a lot of my neck issues. I also see a acupuncturist who is also a chiropractor. It is amazing. I do not allow my neck to be realigned due to the fusions. Pray this helps you.

Hello catgirl, have you found this info sheet with some daily living tips on our site: Coping with Chiari In Your Daily Life Kindest, JulesG