Hello Everyone

Hello, everyone I’m Ginger, 33 year old female from Texas. My diagnosis was Nov 2015 and my surgery was in Dec 2015. I also had an additional surgery Feb 2016 to correct a spinal fluid leak. I remember having headaches all my life. My shoulders and hands are probably the most affected besides the head and neck. I do also have syringomyelia which has caused nerve damage in my hands. I find small things hard such as getting toothpaste out if the tube. I have 2 girls and also my 2 nephews. I am eagerly waiting to get back into my normal routine. I joined in hopes of gaining more knowledge about chiari and maybe make some friends along the way.

Hi Ginger, I’m Kelly I just recently joined the group too. I have been living with chiari for a long time, but wasn’t diagnosed until 2011. I also had my surgery in 2011. I really didn’t know much about it, and I pretty much just trusted the doctors. I would just like to say I have learned more from this support group than I did from any of the doctors. Anyways it is so nice to know we are not alone on this journey.

Nice to meet you Kelly! This journey is definitely a hard one!I hope to fund some awesome people going through the same things and gain their friendship and knowledge. What better way to learn more than to hear actual experiences.

Welcome, Ginger. So glad you’re with us. You’ll find alot of good support here.
Hugs.