Flexibility and chiari type 1

hello everyone! I am newly diagnosed with chiari type 1 with my cerebellum going down to the top of my 2nd vertebrae. So far I have had 1 MRI and am currently waiting for a second. I am more flexible than your average person and my neurologist seemed keener on the idea of surgery after he found this out. Does anyone know anything about this?
Thank you in advance

Hi shireena skitt,

I am working on getting an MRI to help find out what is causing my numbness, headaches and assorted other symptoms (I suspect Chiari.) I find it interesting that your doctor is keener on surgery after finding out you are flexible. All the reading I have done suggests that people with EDS (hypermobility) can experience less success with surgery. I am hypermobile myself and so I am looking for a doctor who is knowledgable about EDS and Chiari. I would love to know more about your doctors reasoning behind being more enthusiastic about surgery.

Hi Coheteiaa

Good luck with the MRI took me 2 years of complaining and tests. I don't have EDS just hypermobility. I have been back to the doctor since my post and he is still keen on surgery. He believes that removing part of my skull will reduce the pressure and fluid building up on the top of my spine.