Endoscopic Chiari Surgery?

I just read about this, what is you opinion?

Overview
Chiari malformation is a condition in which the brain tissue of the cerebellar tonsils has herniated into the cervical spinal canal. In the original description, four different types of this congenital malformation were reported. Type I is the mildest form which consists of the cerebellar tonsils being displaced into the cervical spinal canal. This condition can impair cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) circulation and can compress the brainstem or spinal cord. Type II consists of downward displacement of the brainstem into the spinal canal in addition to downward displacement of the cerebellar tonsils. It occurs most commonly with the congenital anomaly of meningomyelocele and spina bifida. Type III is a combined condition of Type II with cervical meningocele. Type IV involves underdevelopment of the cerebellum.
The adult form of Chiari malformation is usually Type I. Because of CSF circulation blockage by Chiari malformation, CSF can accumulate in the spinal cord itself and cause syringomyelia. Hydrocephalus can develop as well. Syringomyelia is a condition in which the spinal cord is distended because of fluid accumulation in the spinal cord itself. When syringomyelia accompanies Chiari malformation, it commonly occurs in the cervical spinal cord. Syringomyelia can cause pain, numbness, difficulty in use of the arms or legs, muscle loss in the hands, and bowel and bladder disorder. When Chiari malformation causes compression at the brainstem and spinal cord, it can cause difficulty in swallowing, eye movement disorder, headaches, vertigo, balance disorder, muscle atrophy of the arms and hands, spasticity of the legs, gait disorder, and bowel and/or bladder disorder.
Classic conventional treatment is surgical decompression that consists of bone removal at the occipital bone and spine, and enlargement of dural covering at the craniospinal juncture with dura graft placement. Syringomyelia usually resolves when adequate Chiari decompression is performed. If syringomyelia does not resolve by Chiari decompression, a shunt catheter has to be placed in order to drain the accumulated fluid in the spinal cord.
Dr. XXX performs Chiari decompression with minimally invasive endoscopic techniques. With endoscopic techniques, the Chiari decompression procedure is performed via a small incision, but achieves adequate decompression as conventional microscopic decompression does. The minimally invasive endoscopic decompression enhances a patient's quick recovery with less postoperative pain and a shorter hospital stay than in conventional procedures.

I have read about this procedure and discussed this with a young NS. My understanding is it is very controversial among NS's. I would just caution anyone if you are considering this procedure to at least get three different CM experienced NS's consults. From what I have learned, I would never recommend this procedure for a child.

I have poured over every bit of information I could find, and have read every research project I could. From what I have seen, the endo procedure is a quicker recovery and is less painful, but the trade is more patients may require a repeat surgery. My grandaughters NS told me that she would much rather know that she has done everything that she possibly could to get the best results than take the chance of having to take anyone back to surgery. It is much more difficult to do a duraplasty through the endoscope. She said it could be done, but one of her professor's likened it to trying to tie your shoe through a straw. My granddaughter's surgery is sceduled for Nov. 7th. I am frightened enough about one surgery. The thought of her having to go through this again is unbearable.