Chiari in ireland needs ur help

Hi all,

As ye know my names caroline nd im from ireland. I did alot of research nd cudnt find any support groups over here so i wanna set up one to help other suffers over here i wanna try and do what dis site does. Provide support, help, encouragement, for them to make friends, answer there question nd make them feel like there not alone. I wanna go on tv and radio to make dis condition none make docs, and the people of ireland more informed. But i need yer help. What were the first signs that made ye know something was wrong? How did ye get to ur diagnoises? What symptoms have ye had? Do ye have a 2nd condition syrinxs or others? And what help did ye get? This has really touched me and made me wanna help others we r chiarians nd we stick together like family.

Lots of love

Caroline xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was first diagnosed in March 2006. But, I was diagnosed after having a common cold. My face was numb and tingling and everytime I coughed or snezzed it would make my head hurt. From there the Dr. diagnosed me but said that I did not have to take action. In Dec. 2007 I started having more pain and balance problems. I went to the Dr. they gave me another MRI and said it would be in my best interest to get surgery asap. So, I had surgery done in June 2008. I was also diagnosed with a syrinx. Since the surgery my headaches are not as intense, my balance is worse than before the surgery and my pain is chronic. I am in pain 24/7. I was told the surgery was preventive not to correct anything so I thank God nothing has progressed horribly bad.

I am new to this site and would love to discuss this more, this illness has me feeling very alone and I really feel that no-one understands.. I am living in Ireland to, Co.Kilkenny and would love to discuss this more as it's deeming very difficult lately :)

Thank you in advance and catch up soon I hope...

Sarah x

What help do you need?

Hi sarah

Im from limerick u can find me on facebook as im not on this alot my name is caroline power

Hope to chat soon xxxx

irishglad said:

I am new to this site and would love to discuss this more, this illness has me feeling very alone and I really feel that no-one understands.. I am living in Ireland to, Co.Kilkenny and would love to discuss this more as it's deeming very difficult lately :)

Thank you in advance and catch up soon I hope...

Sarah x