Chiari and a HIP

Has anyone with chiari had a hip replacement. Im scheduled for one Jan 30th but concerned with the chiari and basiliar invagunation. I also have sleep apenea. Anyone go threw this. I get the headaches and numbness. Its about 6cm but will have x rays done soon to see if its gotten worse.

Hi Pepsican,

I have never had a Member ask about a Hip Replacement & CM. Is it due to a degenerative bone condition? We have many Members with Sleep Apnea. I can talk all day about headaches and numbness. What kind of headaches do you usually have? Numbness happens to many Chiarians in every part of their bodies. My numbness is mostly in my hands, lips and toes. I also have full body numbness if someone hugs me around the neck.

Tracy Z.

Tracy its arthristis in the hip it bone on bone and pretty painful i realy cant walk very well. I just turned 54 and this isnt how life should be. I am going to have the replacement jan 30th. its a commom procedure but with chiarin basilar invagunation and sleep apnea im concerned about it. I get the headaches in the back of the head all the time and my fingers get the numbness. But right now my hip is my main concern. ive learned to live with pain and function but now i cant walk. have to do something about that.