Beyond irritated right now

I went to my neurologist today and before she saw the flow study report she said that none of the meds for the migraines would work if there was blockage of CSF fluid. Then when she got the report from ADI she said she's upping the dose of amitripyline and adding Fioricet and see what that does. I feel like a guinea pig right now to try things out on. How can one minute meds will not work and then see the report and point out where it says theres blockage and say something completely different?

I take Fioricet & Amitriptylene. They both work wonderful. Just take the Amitriptylene at night. We have all felt like guinea pigs at times. I hope these medications help you also. These aren't migraine medications. Fioricet is just a headache medication and Amitriptylene was originally developed for seizures, but works well for so many Central Nervous System illnesses. I don't know why your NL said they were migraine meds???

I have apt with a ns next month but why would she say if there is any blockage of csf the meds wouldnt help but 5 or so min later when she got report back and saw a blockage just up dosages. I do not understand the line of thinking. I also have apt in mayo if they just keep giving me run around

I would call her office and ask why she contradicted herself and uped the dosage?It doesn't make sense to me either. Please know we are here for you.

Tracy z.
Big Red (since 2 Chris's :) ) said:

I have apt with a ns next month but why would she say if there is any blockage of csf the meds wouldnt help but 5 or so min later when she got report back and saw a blockage just up dosages. I do not understand the line of thinking. I also have apt in mayo if they just keep giving me run around