Any thing that will help with the pain?

Hi everyone,
I’m finding it so hard to deal with the pain, nothingg I do makes the pain any less. If there is anything that anyone’s found that can lessen the pain please let me know as I can’t find anything.

Have you tryed moltrin? Nothing else works for me, but moltrin is amazing!

Diclofenac actually worked best for me. It worked better than narcotic meds.

Yes. Try the meds and lie completely flat with no pillows.You might fall asleep. But relax. It helps me to regulate the pressure. Ask your doc abt fioricet.

I take narcotic pain meds and muscle relaxers. I was started on that regimen before Chiari was diagnosed because I was diagnosed with congential torticollis as a baby and have always had limited range of movement with my neck and pain. I also take Imitrex for my headaches and Sudafed. I live on a heating pad, massage helps as does ice and my tens unit.

I found massage therapy and craniosacral therapy to be the most help pre and post surgery. Make sure you find someone who understands your condition. Many nurses, OTs and PTs do craniosacral therapy. You can go to Upledger.com to find a therapist in your area and see their licensing and training. Massage therapists are licensed differently from state to state. I’m in Ohio and the training and licensing is more rigorous than in many other states.

Sometimes oxcodone helps. Lying down and eliminating sound and lightid helpful. A
Sleep is the best.

Thank you all for the different ways, I will definitely try these different pain killers, thank you

Yoga, a healthy diet and using essential oils helped me more than ANY medication ever did. I lost tract of how many medications I have been on over the past 10+ years.

Hello, if by pain you mean intense headaches (location does NOT matter) it makes sense to try migraine medications (your neurologist can prescribe you some). If Sumatriptan stops headache within an hour you will know you are dealing with migraine. Chiari brings along a lot of symptoms and it also believed to trigger migraines that are more severe in people with Chiari. And...it is NOT only one-sided migraines, it is also basilar migraines (probably the worst kind, that comes from the BACK of the head). One good thing about migraines, there is preventative treatment (like topiramate) and medication at your hand that you can use during attack like Sumatriptan. Sumatriptan is not a pain killer, it is actually "putting up fire in the brain" by narrowing blood vessels and setting circulation back on the right track. One 100mg pill, sometimes it takes 2 and the worse migraine is gone. Sumatriptan also helps with cluster headaches... I used to believe that every headache I have is because of elevated intracranial preassure until I started having headaches 30 days a month, one-sided including. Over-counter migraine meds will not work on a BIG headaches. SO, please, talk to your neurologist about possible migraine treatment. We might take all occipital headaches for granted because of the malformation but we should not, some of them could be migraines. We have too many other symptoms to deal with on top of the pain so if some of it can be resolved with proper treatment, why not. Before migraine meds I did not take anything because nothing except for motrin seemed to work. Sumatriptan is a blessing (i'm using for about a year). Topiramate (anti-seizure daily medication that is used to prevent migraines) does not do wonders. I would not expect it to be a magic with existing Chiari trigger. But still it makes things better.

Other kind of pain and symptoms like nausea, dizziness....no solution. It comes and goes.

Earache and eye pain (hate eye pain).. comes and goes

Toothache...do not run to dentist right away, think about your trigeminal nerve being inflamed. That was a highlight of the last week. A NEW pain! I had awful toothache on top and bottom on the left side for a week but could not make out which tooth was hurting. I went to dentist and nothing much was found, no work was done. Then pain stopped. Absolutely love the possibility of this becoming the chronic issue. Again trigemial neuralgia is a problem without solution.

I love my kids and my german shepard, got to be there for them. They don't take pain away but make me stronger in so many ways.

All the best,