Any teens on here or parents with teens?

I am 15 years old and really would like to talk to someone my age or around my age about all this. Just someone to relate to. It is hard to have a good time with friends when I have to stop and rest and they look at me weird because they don’t understand and it is hard trying to talk to parents or adults, so I would like to talk to some one my age so if there are any teens on here or parents who have teens with chiari then please comment!

1 Like

The mods are converting one of the groups to a teen/young adult chat room, there will be an announcement soon. It will likely be a closed group but they haven't decided yet. We want you guys to be safe and keep it to teens so you can talk about your issues without adult interference.. We have a number of folk in that age group that we will be contacting to let them know. There will be several mods as members but not generally as participants just to keep the creeps out - this is the internet.........

Hi Lauren. I'm Meg. I was diagnosed with Chiari at 16 and had my first surgery the day before my 17th birthday. My second surgery was a month later. That was 10 years ago last month. I'm 27 now but I know exactly what you are going through. Most of my friends didn't understand what I was going through and I felt alone until I reached out and found other people with Chiari to talk to. Let me know if I can help and how to contact you if you want to talk. Stay strong.