A Simple Question

While at the neurologist today I was told there was no way I could possibly have CM because only one of my tonsils was lower than normal. Is this truly the case? Do both left and right side need to be lower together? Also I am wondering if meds can reduce the herniation to avoid surgery? He acts like this is something I want to have which certainly is not the case. But if it truly is CM I would like to get on top of it now and possibly help some of the symptoms rather than waiting. Any information would be appreciated

Hello, I was diagnosed back in 2000, my advice to you is to get a second opinion, I have seen far too many doctors, all with different advice, I know it is hard, but find a doctor that knows what a Chiari is, without you having to explain it to them, as I have had to do in the past. Do as much research as you can, be informed, it is your body, they are just doctors, and do not have these horrible symptoms, you are the only one that knows how you feel, take care of yourself. I hope this has helped you, even in a small way, and I hope that this finds you having a good day. I will send positive thoughts your way. K