6mo Po. can anyone relate to this discussion?

My life has changed so drastically over the past 41/2 yrs.I keep going from hoveround to walking and back to the hoveround.i had my decompression on May 7th 2012 .Im about to undergo another surgery.Im having the L-4-5 fused in my lower back.I still suffer from the Chiari.I can’t hardly vacuume the floor.Im using one of those small electric brooms still.If I lift over 10 lbs it sets my Chiari off.It seems like anything I do with my arms sets off the arm and neak pain.I have went to 20 sessions of speech therapy and still have my Dysarthria spastic as well as atlas tic.Its alot better but not gone.My nerves are jumping pretty bad in my hands and feet.Its so hard to tell what’s what because Im bone on bone right now with a protrusion pushing on my nerve sac in my spinal colum.I have adhesive arachnoiditis pretty bad along with my malformation.How many people had a decompression where they didn’t put the basket in just cleared the hole and left the hurniation alone.Im just wondering why I still have these symptoms after such an ordeal.Its hard to believe that Im in this state.Constantly fighting.There were times I wanted to die.Today is better than that.There are days I want to do everything I do and I pay.When I do too much I go down for a couple days.I can’t win here.I still feel like Im losing the battle at times.I still haven’t made an eye or dentist appt.Shoot when do I have time.I told speech therapy I had to hold off till surgery.Even after that I won’t get to go.I have physical therapy to go to. Im sorry I haven’t been on here.Im supposed to be a greeter.I haven’t even been able to focus on my art work.Plus when I do I can’t sit to long because my arms and part of my drawing hand will go to sleep.+ my protrusion causes spasms lol everything dose.When I speak I have spasms the minute I start talking.Well there is some of it.Can anyone relate to any of this.Or am I being a baby?

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having problems, I too suffer a similar fate. Decompression 2006, woke up wondering how I still live with the spinal headache I had, for 6 months post op. I have cm/sm/spondylosis and previous head trauma. The past two years I have had less periods of relief and more extreme symptoms and no help from neurosurgeon at all. No one can give me answers or help and totally frustrated!

Im sorry to get back so late.Im going in for surgery on my back.Im hoping it settles down the symptoms.Its all frustrating but don’t give up hope.There are blue sky’s then there are storms.Wheather the storms and seek shelter in his grace.Thats all you can do.Take care and thank you for caring.God Bless you.

Hi..

So sorry that you are dealing with all of this..please let us know how the fusion goes..you are in thought and prayer.