Unsure if I can handle full time work

I had decompression surgery in February and only did part time retail work. About 2 weeks ago I went back to my full time Accounting work because I was tired of sitting home. Well, just as quickly as I got started the headaches and dizziness began. I love what I do but I think all the hustle and bustle of my profession is not good for me. It’s year end and anyone in the financial field knows how stressful this time can be. I figured I’d give my career a shot before throwing in the towel permanently but I don’t know if I can hang.

I am 47 and am having decompression January 6th. I hope that your recovery turns around for you. Have you discussed your full-time schedule and worsening symptoms with your NS?

Ones mind, I think that the symptoms kicking up after going back is telling. We are very susceptible to stress. I think you should honor what your body is telling you and continue to rest. Easy for me to say, I know, but I also think there is always room in the future to go back to what you want.

Jenn