Schedule your consultation or Combine consultation with surgery?

Hello All,

For those of you who have had Surgery. I am looking to you for advise. I will be visiting TCI and was given an option to set up a Consultation or combine a consultation and surgery.

I understand that there is no other treatment then surgery. I originally set out to schedule only the consultation. Due to the distance AZ to NY and also finances I am thinking of combining the consultation with the surgery.

My questions to you are.

Did you regret having the Surgery?

How have your symptoms improved?

I have long dark hair ( I know this is vain..) did you find it hard to have your hair shaved off? Can this be done off site or does this have to happen at the time you receive surgery?

Flying back from having surgery, was that difficult for you? Was it painful?

What advise can you give me and my family in what to expect pre-surgery and after surgery?

What do I bring?

Have you found it easier to loose weight after surgery? ( is this related in any way to Chiari? )

Are there any sites that can assist with financing or a program to qualify for airline fees?

How did you break the news to your children, family?

Again thank you. I appreciate each and everyone of you! If you are able to. May I email or contact you. I need all the help I can get.

Hi Anna,

I am about to do exactly the same thing! I have my consultation on Wednesday and surgery on Thursday (as long as I'm comfortable with how Wednesday goes!). I am having it done out of state as well and think it's wonderful that they offer this type of convenience to people that have to travel.

I can't answer any of your other questions until after Thursday :) Good luck to you, TCI sounds great..they were my second choice.

Dear Anna:

Just saw your question. I had to go out of state too. I went from New York to Wisconsin at the

Wisconsin Chiari center. I have not regrets. http://www.wichiaricenter.org/ It is different for every person. Dr. H. works very individually with everyone. Let me know if you want me to share more.

Good Luck Lindsay!

Please keep in touch and let me know how your doing and your experience.

Lindsay said:

Hi Anna,

I am about to do exactly the same thing! I have my consultation on Wednesday and surgery on Thursday (as long as I'm comfortable with how Wednesday goes!). I am having it done out of state as well and think it's wonderful that they offer this type of convenience to people that have to travel.

I can't answer any of your other questions until after Thursday :) Good luck to you, TCI sounds great..they were my second choice.