Leg Injury

I was diagnosed with CM 9 years ago. Well I had balance, vision and tingling hands. All of which I dealt with. Well August 2019 I lost my balance going up the cement step to my house. Torn meniscus and acl. The ortho fixed the meniscus but not the acl, I guess at age 58 he said the outcome wouldn’t be good. Well it’s been five months since the meniscus surgery and I still have so much pain and swelling that travels from my knee down to my foot. I am wondering if the CM is having an effect on my leg healing. Has anyone had experience with this

I would encourage you to reach out to your doctor about this. My general guideline is that it’s a year after surgery to complete healing. But what you’re describing sounds like it might be more than typical post-surgical recovery, so do reach out. I hope that you can get some relief soon. I’m guessing that physical therapy was cut short, so that’s something else to think about.

Sharon from ModSupport

Sorry I should have said I’ve not had decompression surgery. Recent mri show 3.75 so I hope I don’t have to go there yet

Well Annie, makes me wonder whether it’s the unrepaired ACL … I think I’d be checking into that too.

Seenie from ModSupport
(ModSupport is one team of four people – Sharon, Merl, TJ and me – who help all over the Ben’s Friends network. That’s why sometimes it’s one, sometimes the other)

Thank you I’ve also been wondering about that