Dizziness from Cervical Traction

Lynn, thank you for the advice and care. I actually have had decompression surgery - twice in fact. My first decompression took away basically all of my symptoms but I ended up getting a CSF leak that left me with a pseudomeningocele and the recurrence of my pressure headaches. After my second surgery the pressure headaches went away but this cervical pain that causes headaches has showed up. My surgeries were on 4/12/13 and 10/21/13, so I am just a little over 6 months post-op from the most recent one.

Lynn Messer said:

It is of utmost importance that if you are considering decompression,you have to find a specialist.I am 18 months out now and have experienced some good changes with the surgery.My journey lasted 27yrs.I was very fortunate to have a specialist near my home.The decompression was done without the recommendation from any other NS other than the specialist who did it.I still suffer from dysautonomia symptoms,shortness of breath,some headaches still occure but I feel it hAs given me my life back.Life is still not easy but as for me I am glad I found the right surgeon.I thank God everyday for the changes that has made life more barable.There's no cure for this condition but I am about 65% better I think that's worth what I went through with surgery.Hope you all find relief in some way,the specialist is in my opinion is the only way to go,one who does lots of decompressions each year and know lots in the chiari field.