Adderall & Ritalin

Hello to all "comrades" here!!! I hope if someone could tell me if they're being prescribed Adderall or Ritalin for the symptoms of our awful diagnosis.I think it could be quite useful for my condition,but unfortunately here in Bulgaria such psychostimulants are forbidden by the law.I was also thinking about Pyracetam,does anyone of you take it for the sickened mind and the dizziness.Hope for the best and pray for you all!!!

I am on Ritalin, and I just started two months ago. It was tough the first two weeks, but now, it is essential for me.

It has changed my life. I feel like I can be so much more productive than before, and I feel like I can focus to accomplish a task.

I hope you can find a way to have a medication like this, because it has given me a new hope. My family says they have not seen me this happy in a long, long time.

Peace, Brian

Thank you for the reply Brian!!! I try to be as much informed as possible and I’m happy that you got that significant improvement!!!Here is so hard to find any f
doctor with knowledge of our condition,not to mention to recieve some adequate therapy…Did you get any side effects from tge Ritalin?

Best wishes,Dimitur.

My daughter does not have Chiari, but she takes Adderall. It has made a world of difference for her studying. If you do get a prescription for it, I have one piece of advice: eat before taking the Adderall. Sometimes she forgets to eat before taking it & then gets sick. She does have a lot of indigestion problems.

Hey Nancy,thanks for the reply ! I'll gladly take this piece of advice ! Could you tell me how old your daughter is,cause I'm still little concerned about taking such medication in my 20's ...

She’s in her 30s & has been taking it for several years. She took time off from school due to marriage & children. She has had no problems with it except with her nausea when she forgets to eat. She is able to concentrate with the Adderall.

Is these meds helpful in the pain and stiffness or the ringing in the ears? I’m not very familiar with them.Ido have a focus problem,it is a part of my symtoms but the soreness & pain seems to be something that never stops.The only thing I know about those are their use for ADHD or anxiety which this condition causes a lot of anxiety.

My neurologist uses this a lot with patients. She told me she has had great success, and I am a true testament to that. I agree wholeheartedly with the rest that eating a small amount (yogurt for me in the morning) helps tremendously to avoid the nausea. However, my nausea from headaches at night is far worse. I eat licorice for this. Seems funny but it somehow works.

Peace, Brian

I feel so great that it helps you!!! Adderall and Ritalin seem to be forbidden in all Europe...Can you possibly give me some information if I could be consulted with US Neurosurgeons or Neurologist if I could manage to travel there? Or is it connected with much paperwork and insurances... I just want somebody who can help me relieve all this ****...Right this moment I'm with 230/160 blood pressure and I can hardly even open my eyes...